Monday, June 23, 2008

Letter from John DeWitt on Ancestry.com

Joyce:

Read your interesting note on the Farley-Milbourn familiies. I am from the Milbourn side and have good info back to my old William Milbourn in Washington Co., VA and Sullivan County, TN. He was born, according to an 1810 census of Wash. Co. between 765-84, in VA. I doubt him being born in VA as everyone in Wash Co. seemed to have been born there. I think the Milbourn's were from New York.
William married Mary Stevens and had four children who lived to be adults. Anny, Andrew M., Henry and Richard.
Andrew was born in 1802 and Married Elizabeth Brooks first and then Christina Shutters.
The John Milbourn that you mention who was born in 1833 in Washington Co and mar Sarah Jane Baumgardner was the son of my g g grandfather, Andrew M. Milbourn who moved to Lee in 1838. John Brooks had children, Mary Ann, Elizabeth, Hettie, Christena, Henry, Emily Catherine and Martha. John and Sarah Moved to Hunt Co., Tx in abt 1872 and John Brooks died in TX a little after that.
Champ Farley born in 1848 mar Christena Milbourn, daughter of Andrew M. and Christena Milbourn and they had 8 children.
A. L. Stewart mar Emily Milbourn and Sarah B. Milbourn lived with them some and they were in Hunt Co. some. I have corresponded lately with a Stewart family in Hunt.
I am hung up on my old William. All I know is that the was in those two counties from about 1785-1830. I trace from him through Andrew M., George Brooks, John McElroy, Shirley David to John D. Milbourn. Have a lot to share with someone. I would like to have the address of Sammy. Thanks for contributing to the Milbourn family.

John Milbourn

No comments: