Monday, June 23, 2008

From Ancestry.com

Andrew Milbourn possible senator?
SHerrick72 (View posts) Posted: 22 Aug 2004 6:41PM

Classification: Query
Surnames: Milbourn, Milbourne, Hadley, Herrick
I have an old letter from my grandmother's cousin that says that gggreat grandfather Andrew Milbourn 1802-1886 (son of William Milbourn and Mary Stevens) was at one time a United States Senator from Virginia before the Civil War. I tried looking up his name on a US congress biography site and could not find it. Maybe she meant State Senator from Virginia. If anyone has any information or maybe could tell me how to obtain the names of former state senators from Virginia, please let me know. Thanks!

By the way...I have some interesting stories about Andrew Milbourn's sons, Henry W. Milbourn and Joel Milbourn, during the Civil War if anyone is interested.
Reply Report Abuse Print
Re: Andrew Milbourn possible senator?
James (View posts) Posted: 1 Nov 2004 9:26PM

Classification: Query
Surnames:
Sarah,
Andrew is my 4th grandfather, no proof has ever been found
that he served in the Virginia Legislature,yet he did serve as a
deligate for Lee ,Scott and Wise Counties on 1867 according to the Milbourn book ,by John Milbourn.
Would love to hear what you have on Henry and Joel .

No comments: